Feb 11, 2018

A misty road

I am on a hazy path
With a fairly new question in which
No one was interested,
I go here & there
Do this & that
I am puzzled

To be honest,  I have no idea what I am doing
Or even why I am doing this?
Yet, I am looking for the answer
Desperately looking for the answer,
That no one knew before...
I read, write, analyze, make new plans
Even, do things that no one has ever tried 
Still, it's uncertain
Nothing is going smooth
I am lost

It's full with darkness
No one is around
None of the clues is useful
I am insane

I should be on the right track by now
But, how?
Who will help me?
No one knows the answer
They are counting on me
I am scared

Why I pick this question? 
Maybe it's extremely hard and too complex
So, no one was interested 
Now I can't turn, it's too late
I am bored

I am checking how others
Got their answers to their own questions
And trying to relate things
By hoping I can come out of the box, but
I am stuck

I go around and round
I am in the same spot for days
Sometimes, for months...
Will I ever see it? 
I am tense

Once I get the answer,
How can I accept it as the answer?
Will others believe it?
Finding the answer is not the end
Ohh no, I have to justify it as well...
I am pale

After all this hard time
What if someone asks
About practical significance?
I am speechless  


Methma
Feb 11, 2018

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Ian. I spent a lot of time on this and edited few times, got some ideas from my husband. The most difficult part was the finding a suitable title.

      Delete
  2. Love this! It's like you've written poems all your life..
    Still my favourite might be your first ever, but this is the best so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I started writing poems since I am in grade 6 (more than two decades ago). Although, my poems were really bad at that time and also I couldn't compose them as I wanted, I kept writing. Even though I didn't show them to anyone, I enjoyed my poems and wanted to improve myself so badly. I tried my hard but was not satisfactory at all at that time. Thanks for your comments, it remind my childhood time. All my poems were in Sinhalese till my first English poem, 'I and you'. Anyway, my first song is a English one, and I composed it when I was in grade 8 as I remember. It was a simple one but was rhythmic. I can only remember the fist two lines.

      "My dear little doll
      Come with me and smile"

      I recently started writing poems again after a break of more than 10 years. I think, I could write this so nicely because of my writing habit I started long time ago.

      Delete

How my code threats me

My code was working, but my results were not accurate, I was not satisfied. You would say I am a perfectionist here I am... A friend of mine...